Saturday, August 20, 2011

steamboat dreams

[two hundred, twenty seven]

Oh boy, I've been having such a lovely day. I read blogs sometimes, and they're all about how the persons' life is depressing, and they're introvertedly down on themselves, and sometimes my blog is like that, I get all hard on myself, miss perfectionist, not good enough, no purpose blah blah blah, but for the most part I do my best to keep it to plain old complaining or positivity. Today, has been a lovely day.

I woke up and showered, had breakfast, spent a good hour and a bit outside talking to my landlord about how beautiful this day was. I met some of my upsper floor housemates, and ultimately just spent lunch hour laying on my couch reading vogues, with the fashion channel playing. I feel like in the past year I have drifted away from reading magazine, journalistic articles, to becoming a fashionista. Although I have no money or style to input into my fashion sense, I don't admire it any less.

I think it is a terribly structured industry, with unrealistic expectations for beauty, and the specific focus on the size and shape of a woman, and all of the imperfections should be erased, it just all seems so... well, full of shit. I mean, nobody's perfect, unfortauntely, and you have to deal with what you're dealt, there's no 'easy' button for life, it's something you have to get through on your own.

But for me fashion is a statement, a symbol of so much effort of artists putting ideas and passion into designing and working on these clothes and accessories. Maybe this makes me imperially materialistc, I don't think so, since I hardly indulge myself in anything. I have not and never will buy anything from burrberry as it is too expensive, it does not stop me from falling into a passionate love affair with their new red trench coats, or the fact that they have a designer baby line.

I thought that htis was interesting, anyway, as it shows a lot about how I care for passionate things.

love,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment