Monday, August 29, 2011

if i were a flower growing wild and free

[two hundred, thirty-five?]

I have no idea if that is even close to being the right number, or post, or anything, but I must say, it is nice to finally be in the place and in the mindset of going back to school, even if it comes with some unfortunate sharp edges.

I'm not going to say that I am not excited for summer to be over, because really, it is nice that it is coming to an end and there will be some new structure and people in my life, but man, this was a great summer, I am going to miss it, and some certain amazing things about it.

I wish I could say that I have a song that fixes the feeling of the end of summer, or this summer in particular, but I don't. I believe in songs telling your story, or just being you in general, but I can't think of any for how I am right now. I want to dip into some crooner stuff, I actually just had a thought baout a Billie Holiday 'I'll be seeing you,' and it is...it is miraculously perfect.

I'll be seeing you,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment