Saturday, August 20, 2011

HEAD HUG

[two hundred, twenty-nine]

a cozy smile blossomed under the bright pink mittens covering her face, and i noticed that not only did she smile with a toothless, innocent virtuosity, but she also couldn't stop. i think it was then, that i realised that she was my baby. she knew, of course, what with her pink matching snowsuit that puffed out in all directions and her dark brown eyes and hair, eyes and hair that had been matching her mother's since she was born. there i was, staring at the child, as if she was just a thing that had found me on the street, even though i knew somehwere, she was the baby. i remember the baby, it was small and in a bright pink blanket close to that of the mittens, a direct twin, possibly, and i remember the dark hair that dark hair that matches me that twinned my own, and i remember thinking my oh my this baby is so portable and tiny. i thought about taking her in my baskets to the market but he said no. he always said no to fun things, but the baby smiled at me a lot, and when it got older she smiled with her brown eyes and matching hair to mine, and the pink. ah yes, it must be this one, the pink. he put her in pink so that if i did forget, which i did, a lot, i would remember that in order to bring everything home with me, if i forgot nothing else, always remember pink. her little face was half covered by her mittens, and she was saying that it is me mama it is your--and i stopped her and took her little face into mine, and i looked at my Rosie and i said, my little baby.

focus: unrecognisability, alzheimers?, memory loss?. character development, this one's been walking around my head for a bit, she's lost.

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment