Wednesday, March 2, 2011

the shallow convenience

[sixty one]

Today has been pretty low key, and for the most part I was just thinking about keeping warm, it is amazing how much the body can shivver at a time. I think with the lack of heat outside, and the amount of stress that I have been through lately, my body is ready to collapse. It is weird to think that we don't like to leave animals in extreme heat because they will be uncomfortable, but our bodies adapt. We do that, adapt to our surroundings. If the snow melts in one day and we never see it again, we adapt by celebrating and breaking out the shorts and sandalls, but if conditions are unfavourable to us, we do this thing called complain.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Type A complainer, and I am okay with that. I bash I root for the better I envy I feel hatred and greed, and I think it's almost healthy to complain. If we keep our feelings and opinions inside we'll go insane, and although insanity sounds like a treat it really isn't. Although, everyone is insane in the eyes of others... I think that's the first thing you learn in Freud's school of unconscious concepts to complaining.

I think it is a natural thing to want other things that other people have, or to have the best of everything, and I think that if you want it enough to complain about it, you shouldn't waste your breath and time talking and get into gear. Stop complaining, and jump into action. Nothing revolutionary was accomplished by procrastination, laziness, or solid ass-sitting, however, they all began with a little complaining.

So I don't see it as a total bad thing, the need for change, the striving mind set for wanting to be better or wanting better, I think it gets detrimental to health when you do not act on it. What's the good in complaining about your income when you are complaining and not working? Get off the couch and pick up a few more shifts. If there's something tragic that goes on in your life, look at the positives. I think that positivity and good worth ethic solve complaining and greedy conflict in an instant, it is only a matter of time before it catches on for good.

I also think patience, in it's infinite wisdom and glory, is vital to the survival of finishing anything remotely successful in good time. I think that if you wait long enough, or if you have the good hopes to be content with what you got for the time being, (maybe not karma) but something will come around. I think reciprocity is dead, but good faith isn't.

Our generation, I would dare to say, is one of the complaining. I think what we lack is the initiative to make anything different. If the world's gonna end in 2012 anyway, what's it to us if the environment is any better or if poverty still exists? I think that the big issues are hard to attack and that's what scares us. I also think that we were born into a generation that believed in free will and individuality. Atheists and liberals are common in a common day living situation, and I think that although a liberal upbringing is not undesirable, it has it's limits.

If you were taught not to take crap from teachers or the "man" or the instituation, what rules do you learn? What manners or respect do you learn? If you learned anything in kindegarden it was to be nice to others and they'll return the favour. As I've already mentioned, we live in a time of dead reciprocity, and therefore manners seem to be a useless habit. I think that if you care about osmeone it's common sense that you assume they will do the same back. I think that our generation has lost sight of the purpose of happiness, and that is not the self.

Happiness lives, my friends, in the other.

If you don't know what the other is, it is you in relation to me. It is what the main character of the story sees in itself through others. I see the worse in people throguh others, but I also see the best. I see what I love and hate about myself in other people, but I feel like in the other you habe to trust and learn that this is reciprocity, baby, and it's a good thing.

So if you love yourself, give it up already. I love you, so you can love others. I think that's the point of this rant today. I dare everyone to go a day thinking about everyone but themselves. I DO NOT promote hating yourself, or neglecting yourself, or not loving yourself. I could've said that better. I mean to say that in order to truly appreciate and respect yourself, you need to find that in other people. I think this is the concept of reciprocity that I am trying to get out, and that's the simplest of terms that I could use to explain that.

Holla deep thoughts on a Wednesday night! Tonight's Aggie Pub, my fave, I've been having a hard day so I'm just taking the evening to do some writing and then a lovely dancing night, and then some classes tomorrow and another rant for you!

Take care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment