Friday, March 4, 2011

chapped tee's break your knee's

[sixty three]

Today is the first day that I truly believed in the weatherman. Not that I have read the newspaper, watched the news, listened to the radio OR checked the website to see if they've been predicting rain spring snow or hail, however, I have faith that this is the first nip of spring! Finally I can whip out the spring jacket, my trench, my sunnies, the flats, the tunes that come with the warm weather. Give me a Beach Boys song and the movie Gidget and I'll be surfin' aaaaall day long.

Along with my good faith today it has come to my attention taht people hate good music. I don't hate your hate, but I hate the way you hate my love. Hate hate hate. I've already written a blog on hate last month in a rant story about the sexual revolution in the sixties and Vietnam, and I've finally accepted that if I can't be a history major I can be an honourary mention at least. I think I'm going to immerse myself in the future of my english majoring when I have to take the centuries lit. and learn the history on the side so I actually understand things. If the world believed in love and music and good will, everyone would be marginally happier.

My historical interest branches from Canadian natives to Victorian British imperialists in the Congo to Elizabethan hairstyles to the ancient Trojan wars to American thirties culture, and not only does every topic listed have some sort of investment in my life, but it definitely drags me deeper and down into the meaning of my being here, although that is something entirely different than the matter of my interest in history or not. I think that it would be interesting to know history in order to plan for a better future, call me old fashioned but I like the idea of educated leaders.

I believe in a future of mistakes.

So if you believe it or not, history shapes who we are today. No modern indie band today would be anyway without their classic roots in British pop culture and American bands. Post-modern artists would be nowhere without art history or fine arts. Any inspirational leader of today would be nowhere without the backbone bases from their ancestors. I would be nowhere today without my history, without the history that surrounds me everyday. Now I'll cut the cheese, just pay attention in history class and to the after school specials, they know their shit.

My feet are cold from the rain
my nose is cold from the drops
floating back on clouds it felt
like falling, while running
and I left my head at home
but today I found it in the gutter
and I ran home, I flew home
singing of yesterday
and yesterday
created today.

Take care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment