Wednesday, March 9, 2011

high five parade

[sixty eight]

I don't think I've thought about much today, other than the fact that I haven't thought about anything, which is rather paradoxical, but in my opinion could also be a double negative, in my case anyway. I was thinking about ice cream for a while, because I have some in my minifridge but I figure it will melt soon, so I have to eat it, it is justified now. I don't think anyone could really argue with me to say that I can't eat my ice cream asap, because it will melt and then that's seven dollars down the drain that I didn't even get to enjoy!

If, for any reason, there were to be a bomb threat in the next few days, the only thing I would have preserving is pickles, juice boxes, water bottles, and some triscuits. I guess the rice krispie cereal would also count, but I've only got one half carton of mlik left, and that wouldn't last long at all.

I have been thinking a lot about the world lately, and how I live here in Canada, and I am safe, but there are people who have to worry if that water and rice krispies are enough. There are rebellions rocking the world off balance, yet I sit here totally untouched, stressed about my post-secondary education stresses, and feeling like a real prick. I want to care, and I do care so much, but I feel like I can't make any kind of difference. I want to move away and help people.

It has always been a dream of mine to walk downtown toronto, find the biggest Toys R Us, and buy out their barbies and hot wheels section, and then go down to Sick Kids and just give toys away, and have party hats and blowers and cake, and just be there for those little guys. I'm seriously going to look into this for this summer, see if maybe I could go and just hang out with them, see if they wanna play dolls or trucks or something like that, see if I could play play-doh or something cute with them, or just sit beside one and hold their hands. I want them to know that they're not alone, because that's the scariest part about being in the hospital, I know it is, I was alone, I didn't want to be alone. No one should be alone.

Maybe I'll start to volunteer... I just had that thought, that important thought. What if I looked into nursing homes here at school around the town, and volunteer? I could go and visit and bring a newspaper or my stories or play checkers, I must have the same vision as some of them we could laugh about it and eat pudding or apple sauce, or I could sing or tell stories..

I want to help them, I want to help.

Stay classy, blogspot,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment