Thursday, March 3, 2011

let's be cheesy, I happen to like cheese.

[sixty two]

Do you self punish?

I read an article today about punishment and consequence and that whole bit and it got me thinking about self consequence, shame, guilt, hatred, interior detrimentality as opposed to that of exterior influence. What do people do to punish themselves? I personally freeze myself, or there is some strict deprivation involved. I think it would be interesting to know what people do, not for the sake of aquiring ideas for future need, but I mean more for the mental stability of people, and the wants values and needs of those people.

The article included a little bit about psychotic breaks, psycho-analysis and what non, I feel like a mental case on a daily basis already, who says I need to get an official statement paper on it? I think that self punishment isn't a singular idea from my head, and since I've been lectured a lot to about shame and inner guilt lately I feel that this is appropriate. Consciience. Everyone has different levels of guilt according to their conscience, and I think that it shows a lot about the morality of a person and gauges their mental interest by their involvement with their conscience and if they act in the moral capacity of it. If there is a God, does he rule the values that certain people base their mental moral compasses off of? Or does everyone just have a natural, biological nervous impulse of guilt? I'm no psycho-scientist, but it doesn't mean I'm not interested in it.

Why does guilt affect some people and not others? Consider the topic of abortion. Say you are young and in a bad situation, does that give you the guilt-free card? Does someone still feel the guilt, and if so, does that continue to hang over their heads in bleeeding punishment for the rest of their lives, or does it just get erased one day? I don't have any answers, but I do have a personal theory or tactic to deal with guilt.

If I regret something, and I believe that regret has a lot to contribute to guilt, I usually think about it really hard. I accept it in its true form and realise and acknowledge that in my life and that it has happened. Then, I put it in a mental box (ooooh repression!) and then put it at the back of the shelf until the day when I will regret something else. I think that it isn't healthy, and I think that in my case I could spend a whole lot longer thinking about the things that make me not so much guilty but they are things that really should be addressed in order for me to grow as a person, and to figure out who I am and where I fit in in the world.

I think that everyone has a box, but not everyone takes the right steps to polish it.

Regardless of psychotic breaks or mental cases, guilt is universal. Conscience is universal. I don't think anyone is so lovingly exempt from human feelings and can escape the shame and inner detrimentality that comes with self=punishment. mistakes are a part of life, and if that is how we have to learn then that is how we have to learn. Our brains learn things by trial and error and other methods, that is a biological psychological fact. If that is what we need to do in order to attain higher knowledge and better social skills and mental skills, then I don't see the issue in working on it.

So, if you have a brain and feel guilt and the capacity for an open mind, take a leap this evening and pick the box off of the shelf and open it up. Look at the things that have shaped who you are and accept them, and put them maybe not in a box, but hang them on a hanger in the back of the closet. Get a grasp on yourself, people.

I've had kind of a stressful day and I have no doubt that tomorrow will be just as disappointing, and probably will be until about April twenty second, so stay tuned for some more morally-based blogity blogs.

Until Tomorrow,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment