Tuesday, January 11, 2011

we all have our own universe

[eleven]

Today I decided to not take for granted the fact that I am getting an education, or the fact that I am becoming my own individual at the same time. I feel like I have so much time on my hands, when really I should be reading or studying, or some other mundane affect that us University students get up to these days. However, I still find myself cuddling in my desk chair listening to my little light classic rock bands and admiring things.

Like the books I bought yesterday which turned out to be a lot less expensive then I thought they would be. They are all so shiny, or used, or interesting or boring or just everything and anything you can think of. I can't even read them when I open them and I do to appreciate them. I should've opened my web browser to start this blog, but I ended up just drinking in my new literature.

Around campus I find myself enjoying walking the walking roads by myself, with my headphones in and just a serene attitude it makes for a relaxing in-between-class-break. I think people are too hustled and bustled these days to really look at what they're doing and think about the impact it has on their lives. I'm living alone in a new city learning totally new things and I can do this...

I can do this.

And you can too. Even if you're not at a new school or new environment, look at the people you see everyday and think of what their life is like, or when you're walking home look at the trees and the roads, the cars passing by. They may seem mundane, but these things and your interaction with these things define who you are, and fortunately for our society that is important.

You choose who you are, and you choose what you do. I think that your attitude defines how you go about choosing those things, and if you have the attitude of respect and possibility, then you are on the road to really learning so much about yourself and about the world. So don't take anything for granted these days, from you eyes to your feet, from the desk you're sitting at or the coffee shop down the street(I like to rhyme?). Everything impacts who you are, whether you like it or not.

So I should go and do a reading schedule and figure out a digital autobiography, maybe when I'm finished that I will post it up here, since my professor finds it necessary to share those with the entire class first anyway. I hope you have a wonderful evening,

take care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment