Monday, January 3, 2011

colour me violet

[three]

Two days ago it began to rain, and not just trickle a little freezing piss down like it usually does at the end of December to just cause ice and snow days, but like a horrendous amount of melting rain that concluded in the dissintegration of the snow. Which, in my opinion, would be wonderful on any other account if it hadn't just been Christmas. Two weeks from now? Wonderful! But now? Along with my family's Christmas tree being brought down yesterday, it was almost like the holidays were just washed away as quickly as they crept up...

As I have previously stated, I love Christmas. I love December snow, I love the lights and mittens and everything else that comes with this glorious season, but it almost hurts my feelings when New Years passes by, and poof! A disappearing act put on by both mother nature and residents of the Christmas community. Yes, its tacky to have your lights up in February, but give the spirit a little afterglow, it really only has time to shine for a week!

And so the snow is gone, the lights are gone, and what are we left with? Well I am left with a week of sleeping in, reading, and organizing before I head back to study central, but a grey cloud seems to be darkening my relaxing days. I feel like an impending, unspoken doom is threatening to lash out at me for missing the holiday season already. Well, let 'em shoot me. It goes by too fast to catch a glimpse, so let the holidays live on!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday night, and a happy continuing Christmas to each one of you!

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment