Tuesday, January 4, 2011

if you wanna get down,

down on the ground,

cocaine

[four]

So it came to my attention last night that, post Christmas shopping brigade, money doesn't replenish by itself. After buying gift after gift for everyone on my list, I have found my self not marginally, but landslides less money endowed than prior to the green-grubbing season.

I do understand that Christmas is not about gifts, I truly believe in that, because it is about the spirit and the people and the feeling you get when your sister opens up their present and loves what you got them, that is the best feeling. But the unfortunate thing is that anything that anyone wants nowadays costs forty dollars plus, and its almost expected to get what you want.

Why can't people just settle for something home made? A poem? Yeah, I'm laughing writing that, but I know people who do make all of their Christmas gifts, and you know what? I bet their families find it wonderful and thoughtful... Now I can't cook, and I'm not good with wood working or any sort of craft that would be useful or good, but I wish that I had the guts to make all of my gifts.

Bow I do find relatively meaningfunl gifts for everyone, usually I give an assortment of things that I found just for them specifically, or things that I thought they would like. My gifts are not always necessarilly expensive or cheap, or small or big, but they usually have a meaning or a reason why I bought them. For my sister this year I bought her a t-shirt from my university, a heart necklace and a change purse from a vintage store. I was worried she wouldn't like these things, because they weren't necessarilly her, but she did. That's another thing about Christmas gifts, its politically correct and polite in general to always, without question, love anything you are given. Maybe its common sense, but I think its something that society has put in to put an upper on the Christmas season.

So regardless of your money spending over the holidays, or your lack or excession of creativity, I hope that everything you gave and recieved quenched your thirst for the season, although I am not quite finished with it I think the world is moving on. I'm going to stay in my Nightmare Before Christmas-inserted reference of Christmastown. So I will stay content in my snow-filled, christmas-light-lit world, and I'll continue to treasure my bliss until it is broken by school in less than a week.

to everyone, I hope you all are still stuck in bliss with me, take care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment