Wednesday, January 12, 2011

it was a teenage wedding..

and the old folks wished them well,

[twelve]

If I were a princess,
my hair would be curled,
my shoes would be shined,
and I would wear pearls,

If I could live in castles,
I would have velvet sheets,
my voice is empty in the halls,
and servants wait by my feet,

If I should dream out of a box,
I would pick and choose
the things that I had loved the most,
and things that I should lose,

If I were a sweet damsel,
tucked in a far off tower,
I would listen to the silence,
and whistle by the hour.

~

I felt like writing a poem, its short and the rhyme's a little off, I couldn't find any word to do with shoes that rhymed with princess, but I've been juicing my creativity for this media project that I need to get working on. I was going to write a story about my life, but I decided against it that is too boring. So maybe I'll write some half-assed poems and then record me showing them to the camera? Anything that gets me out of saying anything out loud.

I find poetry so individual that I don't care if anyone lvoes or hates my poems, because I sort of like them, and I try to make myself my biggest fan before I try to make anyone else like them. I think that's how writing should be, you should write for yourself first, an audience second. Maybe that's how theatre should be aswell, any kind of creative act. Maybe I should be going about this project differently, instead of something that would fit the criteria of the course and digital world, maybe I should be thinking about something that I would like. It is supposed to be something that I am passionate about, I'll have to really think about this.

I just feel the time ticking away.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day, mine was a little up and down. But I did end up finding a five dollar Bowie poster! Thanks to a certain poster-maniac here at school.

Have a wonderful evening,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment