Saturday, January 22, 2011

broken hearts hurt but they make us strong

[twenty-two]

I hate getting older.

Tonight and last night I spent celebrating my nineteenth birthday, and not only does it make for a good time, it also makes for a depressing one. I'm old. I can't see, I have stomach problems, my knees and jaw crack and I have a sore back. All of these things add to the fact that I am getttting older. I may not like it, but its happening.

And so, I sit here taking my life for granted, why have I not travelled yet? Why have I not met more people? Why have I not lost all that weight and why have I not donated to several charities in my support? Lack of money? Interest? No, its because I don't realise the time flying past my eyes, no pun intended.

But seriously, I really need to start getting my act together, I feel like I'm in my own life play but I haven't memorised the lines or internalized the vcharacter... This life is going to be just like a really bad play, with the crappy overture and the half-assed popcorn and everything.

So this is my promise, and I hope it is your promise too, to take control of your life play, learn your lines, step up and get to know that character, and find your place.

Sorry about minor spelling errors I am wearing contacts and can't see the screen. I am spending the night with some old friends, I hope everyone takes it easy this evening and has a drink on me!

Cheers!

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment