Friday, January 21, 2011

on the sea in a little boat

[twenty-one]

I find that I am a messy person. I never would've considered myself as messy pror to my arrival at university, but once you stop caring about what other people think of your room and start focusing on actual work and life, cleanliness and organization are thrown out the window.

I have dishes to do, water bottles to recycle, my bed to make, DVD's to put in cases, the fish to feed, clothes to pick up off the floor... The list is relatively endless, and to be honest I believe it will continue to pile up until I actually get sick of it. Given, it is all organized to pertain to my needs. I know where everything is basically, it is just the look of it...

It feels alright to me.

My room has always been a little sanctuary for just me. A place where I can do or say or sing or wear whatever I want, and whenever I want. Here my room is almost more private than at home, due to the lack of a mother honking on me to clean or to keep things in order. Here I keep everything in one room.

I love my bed, its relatively small but it is comfortable and it is mine. I love my walls that are covered with posters that I have collected that reflect me... I love my desk, that is full to the brim with textbooks, computers, my beautifl fish, waterbottles, booze and so much more. I love my closet that is just remnants of mornings that I couldn't find anything to wear, nights when I couldn't find anything to eat, and the afternoons that I couldn't find the shoes I wanted.

I've been reflecting on this lately because this has been my home for four months now, and in another four months as quickly as it came it will be gone. I'll be back at home for the summer, and I will be moving in to a different place next year. I think I'm going to miss the tiny space that I live in now, but I will be thrilled to be back to where there's more than two feet between my desk and bed, and the windows cover most of a wall instead of just a little on one.

So to everyone who has a room, or to those that don't, I hope that you enjoy this evening because this is right now. This is the present the moment the verb the constant the time. This is the time to appreciate. Wow I'm like a corny cartoon, sorry for the bad post, I had nothing to say really today...

I'm off to have a lovely night with my friends,

Take Care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment