Saturday, November 26, 2011

THURSDAY happened

[three hundred, twenty-seven]

I fell yesterday. I think it had something to do with me being jumbled in thoughts and furiousness and not paying attention, but combine that with my lack of depth perception and low vision it makes for disaster. So, naturally, the stairs came up from under me and I fell, and it hurt and things, now I'm sort of just... Trying to make things better.

Story of my life, trying to make things better.

I'm sick of people giving up, or settling. Life is so beautiful, and I can say that and I have had to deal with crutches and pain and all this crap, it truly is the reason we're here: to experience the world and its wonders and its harmonies and beauty and people relationships love, challenges, it's for the experience, not the depth or the knowledge or the little things, well, those little things. It's for the deep orange sky behind an African sun at sunrise, it's for the quiet walks around the neighbourhood during Christmastime, it's for the midnight laughter and the feeling of someone's hand in yours. It's for a life worth living, and if you don't believe your life is worth living you're taking this world for granted.

I only get frustrated about that because one of my biggest fears running out of time. The things that I want to do like see the world and live in big places and change lives all happen in small, incrimental bits. I don't dream unrealistically, but I dream big, and I try my best to get there. I know that maybe not all of my dreams will be achieved, but some variation of them will be. I don't believe in quitting for those dreams, regardless of society or people or life, I will get what I want.

I want to be happy.

That seems like not a very tall order, but in all reality there are so many unhappy people in the world that it should not be taken for granted. I have a loving family (many, actually!) and a loving boyfriend, amazing friends, a good education a good head on my shoulders, many homes and food and enough money to leisurely do things that I'd like to,. I have opportunities coming up that people)myself included) dream about, and it can only get better for me. I've had enough done for me, it's time for my life to give me a break.

And even if I don't get a break, I continue to strive for happiness, because that is what matter to me. So take a little time today to be thankful for your Gosh darned life, because you only get one, and this is it.

Love,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment