Sunday, November 20, 2011

Are you smart today?

pthree hundred, twenty-two]

No, I am not smart today, somedays I have moments but not today. I tried really, everyday everyone tries to be smart but here at university it is "how smart are you today?" Or anything really along those lines. I like to pretend that I don't care, and yet I still am disappointed with low marks. I am doing my best, and my best isn't good at all.

How depressing.

I feel like I should do a little bit more work. Isn't there anything else I co-no, I am NOT asking that question. I just feel like I've been on a break all weekend, and I get back, work for six ish seven hours and I'm done what I wanted to for today. Five cups of amazing tea later...

I only like wearing socks that are either cozy or have soft, aloe-infused insides that moisturise my feet. Otherwise, I'd rather my stupid dry feet not in something that will itch or otherwise obstruct my comfort. I hate socks in general, but around christmas I wear them most of the time. Is it weird that small things like that, small, insignificant things that cost what two dollars can cause such a change.

Same for tunes. A christmas melody could come on anywhere and instant interest happens, you want to hear more. It cheers me right up, atleast, and to be honest I would rather be cheery than any other mood... Ever.

I don't know what to write about today. I talked about being cheery, I haven't been feeling philosophical lately, which is unfortunate for the last forty-ish posts of my blog. I want these to be all me, and yet my head is full of too much work to squeeze anything remotely useful or gratifying out.

So I guess I'll have to wait for that, those spurts, until either later on tonight as I still have one blog to write today, or later this week when my stress levels aren't inflicting short bursts of anxiety... May be four years from now, when I graduate. I want more of that amazing tea, badly.

I wrote a poem last post, and I like writing the poetry. I've been thinking about what to do after this blog is up in just over a month, and I haven't decided. I'm going to keep this one only a little bit in January until I turn twenty, and then I may start a different one that I post on certain days a week or something. I have to look at starting themes so that I have some sort of a prompt anyday...

There once was a girl who lived in a city where there were no trees. She cried everyday and didn't know why. One day she walked to the outskirts of the city, the borders were framed by high black iron gates that did not let anything out. She looked past them and tried to see the city beyond, but she could see nothing. There was a loud crack, and something fell over the gate near her and made it fall, she gasped and leapt back a little. A man, holding a large sharp weapon and wearing plaid colours popped his head through the empty space to look inside the city. He smiled, and she came closed. This was a tree, he told her, and he was here to bring them inside so that everyone could breathe easy again. The girl felt as though she was going to cry, but then took a long deep breath, and felt the air enter her and she smiled back at the man. Touching the tree, she realised this was what was missing in the city, the man was their saviour. She never felt like crying again. The end.

I don't know what that was.. I've been thinking about origin stories lately --surprise-- and I've been wanting to write my own. I'm thinking about writing after this week is over, finally!

Take care!

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment