Wednesday, October 19, 2011

i like it better the old way, actually

[two hundred, ninety-two]

Have I mentioned that I don't like change? Or Halloween? Or midterms? All three of these things have happened or are happening or are about to happen, and in all three situations I find myself breaking down, in the midst, or just brain dead.

I think it would be easiest for this to be a quick writing, since I've been studying for a couple hours straight and my eyes have reached bruising point, my black eyes, sinking slowly into the chaos within my headache. I think there are some things to say about all three issues, all are hard to contain, all are hard to prepare for, and all are things that do not define me.

Change, does not.

Halloween definitely does not.

And midterms, being the bane of my existence, do not.

I am determined to pull through this, to create my own life=preserver in the midst of this dusty fog that I've been sitting in, gasping for breath in. I suck at poetry, I suck at saying what I want to say clearly, but man can I find something positive in a bad situation.

So if you're dealing with change, finding a halloween costume or preparing for midterms, do take this advice: close your eyes and take a minute to just think about how wonderufl you are. I don't like to think that I'm wonderful but I do think that everyone around me is wonderful, they all have beautiful faces and strong hands and hearts, wills, minds, and I know that someday great things will become of them.

Great things are already surrounding me. I am thankful for everyone I know, and their smiling faces.

take care,

JESS :]

No comments:

Post a Comment