Monday, October 3, 2011

control.

[two hundred, seventy-six]

I want a white cord skirt, just because it seems like something I could get away with. And white keds, soft white. Why do white things sound so interesting to wear? Probably my obsession with fashion advertisements and classy, class, classic style. I don't like the cropped, a-symmetrical eighties, I like the puffy shouldered, leg warming eighties, with a perm. All I want is a perm.

If you google "Father of the Bride" and find pictures of the daughter from that movie, her style is what I want for my life. She is the perfect twenty-something in the eighties, a pretty little haircut and soft style, not obvious style. If you have seen "My Best Friend's Wedding." Julia Roberts' hair and style is the style I want, the nineties perm and journalist's salary-wardrobe. She is the perfect in-piece character, she is the epitome of style in my opinion.

Why do I love style so much lately? I have never really cared about it. I don't particularly like trends or fashions, but I like the way some people can just pull off things, and others, myself included, cannot. I just wear things that I like, and make it work sometimes, and just sort of smile and go through life wishing I lived in a different decade for the sole reason of style.

Style has lost the gloss, lately.

I hate grunge too, nobody cares about the gross, badass goth chic, or I don't anyway. I like living in a world, a little bubble of style. I do enjoy looking at vogue and being trendy, but I don't feel like I judge people on their style, I just take it into account, I mentally write it down, they look this way, they dress this way. Some people have very dinstinct, potent styles, but others are like me and just sort of wear what's there, and that's the motto I go by and love.

Well, I have nothing else to say about style right now, I'm reading for a class, and I'm sort of tired of doing work and wish I could write and read for fun again, but this summer will not be a time for reading for fun, it's going to be for working working working working and saving money, and seeing people that I love. Why do I feel so disconnected lately?

I feel so out of it. I love life, I love everything I am so happy and cheery, but there is something down bringing me down. I need to get everything out of here, I should get that thing into check, that needed test, to tell me what it is. Feeling better now?

cheers,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment