Saturday, December 24, 2011

i think i can

[three hundred, fifty-nine]

I've never been so proud of Christopher Plumber than in The Sound of Music when he doesn't go off and become a nazi. It is lovely to rewatch this movie that I have seriously loved for over ten years and actually understand what is going on. It's a beautiful movie, the songs are absolutely incredible and I feel so good watching it. the best part? My dad does too.

That's something my dad and I share around christmas time, the movied, spirit, music, the Christmas mood. We both love to just immerse ourselves, and he is the jolliest man in my life around this time. Cooking the turkey this afternoon he had christmas carols and the football game on, and we had some rum and eggnog, and laughed because we do this glass of eggnog thing every year, but this year was the first time with rum.

I think in my house today there has been more love and smiles and caring than there has been in a long time. I was worried about today and tonight, and it turned out really good. this is a weird holiday for us with the big trip tomorrow night, but it has been a good holiday so far for our family, and that makes me smile. We needed this.

So I hope everyone else is having a lovely Christmas eve, fortunately I suppose I have to write about six more blogs after this either tonight or tomorrow. I'm thinking I can write one more tonight, and five tomorrow. What I am going to write about is a mystery to me at the moment as I've been having trouble writing more than one in one day for a long time, not to mention five. So hopefully that goes well, I'll try my best! I must finish it!

Take care, and Merry Christmas,

love,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment