Monday, September 12, 2011

spirit in the NIGHT

ptwo hundred, fifty-five]

I sit down to write this short blog, and I am listening to the friends theme song in the background as I am about to cuddle into my bed and moisturise and watch friends. It is my routine alone time, which some people don't quite understand. I need time and space before I go to sleep to cool down, reflect, and basically just be alone before I can sleep. I need to do what I want, be as ugly and stretch as much as I want, and I need to be alone.

I don't mean to be insulting, I just like to have time to myself before bed. There are times when I need to be around people. There are times where I spend the night with people, sleepovers with best friends, boyfriends, where I just need that couple of minutes in the bathroom or in bed to just kind of calm myself down, get into jammies, create a peaceful mind and space, and get into sleeping zone.

I think it's cause of the insomnia.

Or just the anziety of not sleeping. Or just the fact that I don't mind being alone sometimes. I love having times where I can be by myself and happy, entertained, and in a generally solid stable peace of mind. I think it's lead from my meditation that I do before bed as well, but that's a whole different entry.

So if you are going to sleep today which I hope you are, do take a tiny little smidge of a moment before you sleep for yourself, because you deserve it. And don't forget that you deserve that you time, because you are worth it. I know that.

love and hugs,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment