Wednesday, September 7, 2011

inner city freshness in the underbelly jewels

[two hundred, fifty]

Dear Grandpa,

I miss you. You've been gone for so long, and when I knew you, you were much different than you seem to me now. You were my rock and my stability, and you were completely trusted in my heart. You protected me, and kept me strong, and held my hand and kissed my forehead, and in the event that I could talk to you now I would tell you that I am strong now because of what I know about you. That you fought in the war and protected your family, were an incredible man, and if anything I wish I could've just been with you for longer. I believed in magic because of you, I began my beliefs in the world because of you. When I lost you I had to come to grips with death, and that you were not coming back, but I know that you are beside me during every failure, every surgery, every exam, every task that hurts or is difficult. I know that you believe in me as much as I believe in you, and that you are my inspiration to get up every day and believe in everything that I do. I want you to know that I love you, never gave up on you, never, ever will.

I love you,

love,

your Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment