Tuesday, July 26, 2011

scandy-scan the challenge man

[two hundred, seven]

I am finally caught up after this! Which will be awesome until this weekend, in which I will be back down three again, darnit! What to say what to say, today I have been a busy beaver and EXHAUSTED, I've been running non-stop since seven this morning and I don't intend on stopping until eleven tonight, and by then I bet you I'll be passed out somewhere, man oh man am I tired!

Does anyone else like cellery? I really do enjoy it. I like the vegetables that are full of water and are light, because they have such a unique flavour and they can be put on anything or combined with anything like dips or crackers, it just truly brings out the simplicity in taste. I think that sometimes cooking can be too complicated, give me a cracker with a cucumber, salmon cream cheese and a glass of iced tea and I'm good. Honestly, I think the best times are when I'm eating just something and dip, it breaks down the traditional "meal" and takes you a step back, it brings you back to the ground, the cooking common ground.

I don't cook really, sometimes I create concoctions with mixtures of things like nacho chips and tsatziki dip, or baguette and salmon cream cheese, but really I like to keep things relatively simple. I'd love to learn how to make pasta and turkey, but it will take a long time for me to get comfortable in a kitchen, and I intend on becoming as comfortable as possible.

I love food, I love the taste and the smells, but I have to get myself in check I think, especially lately with my work schedule I don't have a lot of time to eat during the day, and I do a lot of activity I feel like I need to eat more earlier in the day so I try to balance everything... I just fail at life generally, but I'm working on it! I do not give up on things easilly, because I always believe that YOU CAN DO IT.

If you know me at all you've heard that and I LIKE YOUR FACE.

I saw a tshirt today at the mall that said 'I love my face,' and I was truly disappointed. I was going to buy one that said the above statement that I love because it truly is the best compliment, but not my own face! Who cares about my face when there are so many beautiful ones out there to see? I admire everyone around me for the things they do, and honestly can't believe some people put up with the shit that they do, you all deserve the best and I do my best to give you the best, while on top of that getting an education and maintaining sanity.

How well is that working for me, now?

So if you love food, or are too busy to eat, or eat too much, or endulge a lot, or eat too little, come on for pete's sake just take a bite. Enjoy it, because some people don't have food at all, and I feel like I say this a lot but it means a lot to me: DON'T TAKE ANYTHING FOR GRANTED.

LOVE YOU BYE,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment