Thursday, May 26, 2011

for thirsty thursday

[one hundred, forty-six]

If you’ve ever had a secret handshake you know what it feels like to think on the spot. I used to have one with an elementary school friend who I never see anymore, and we used to do it at recess and it used to be fantastic. I can’t remember who it was or how it went, but it was awesome I can recall that. I feel like that helped me really appreciate my friends, since I didn’t have a ton when I was in elementary school. If you had a friend good enough to have a secret handshake with, well, you were just in a right old place now weren’t ya?
I personally think that it is important to keep up those relationships, to groom, water, and feed them. I think that in a friendship if you’re both not thinking about everything at once, and you balance the work of communication, love, and trust than you’ve got yourself a lovely little thing going there. I also think that, although better friends become better over time, you can make terrific friends in short periods of time as well. Take my eight months at university, I know I’ve met a handful of people that I will never, ever forget. I will want to know them for the rest of my life, and I love them already, and they’re stuck with me.
I say that to my friends now, “you’ve stuck with me” because they are. Once I care about someone, there’s no going back. We are past the point of no return.

take care,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment