Wednesday, May 4, 2011

all we need is just a little patience

[one hundred, twenty-four]

After spending some time at home I have come to realise that life has so much in it, but so many people don't take the time to look through it all. Once, when I was little, I did a flip off of the picnic table in the backyard. It was in the summer months, so it was warm and when I fell I hit the grass so hard the world went silent. I couldn't think, I remember that (haha) but I just lay there, frozen, staring up at the sky. I think, other than other random times with a grandparents or something, that was the first time that I had relatively voluntarilly laid down on my back and looked at the clouds (or atleast this is my first memory of doing so).

I remember not thinking anything, but just looking at how blue the sky was, how really blue it was. It resembled the colour of my best friend's kitchen, or the colour of paint that mom pulled out around easter time. I was just there, drinking in the sky, but I wasn't really taking in the severity of this moment, the true meaning of what had happened.

I had acknowledged myself under something, below a thing a tangible (again, relatively) and unique and beautiful, and I, although in a lot of pain and shock, realised that I was little but there. I was a part of something, I was in the world living breathing little thing. I obviously didn't realise all of these things at once, or in these clearly thought out written sentence forms, but I knew that I was there and I could feel pain, and I could see, and I could hear and touch and understand things. I was young, like I said, probably around three or four, and I had realised that life was a living thing, the only thing I was missing was the importance of human interaction, and I was well on my way to becoming a person.

So what I'm trying to say really, is that everyone needs to take that one moment, that one defining moment, the memory that makes you realise that there is something to life other than being, there is nothing to life but understanding that you are a person, and you fit into the world under the sky and above the ground, breathing, taking chances, and loving. I live by these, clearly, from this memory. This particular event also taught me to beware of picnic tables as they are high and you can fall off and it hurts, but I think my mom gave me a freezie after this, so it all turned out alright in the end.

So if you are spending the day in school, or at work, or at home, or alone, take a minute, look at the blueness of the sky (since it's actually there today, I see the sun!) and appreciate that you are here. You are here. You are here.

love,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment