Monday, June 13, 2011

bandeli barcode

[one hundred, sixty-two]

Do owls sleep all day? I understand that they are nocturnal, so that must mean that they do since they stay up all night. They must have a burrow or a nest inside trees, 'cause you'd never just look up in a tree and see an owl snoozing, that just seems unlikely, and I feel like I would've seen one by now if that weren't the case. I figure that these owls that are nocturnal do their hunting and their business during the night, which leads me to believe that they've got sweet eyes.

This has me thinking, obviously, if you didn't know, I am getting a tattoo on Thursday of an owl on my arm. There are many reasons for it, the main one is that my great grandfather gave me a toy owl when I was a young kid and I told him that he was magic, and he died, and he was a huge impact on my life for strength and love and trust, and to me it is just really important that this goes on me, that this lasts, and that everyone knows that it is important.

Minor reasons are you know, dumb Harry Potter owl reasons, the pain reasons, the strength and vision reasons, owls have great eyes in the dark and I do not, it's sort of ironic that I would choose an owl, but I love the owl that he gave me and I wanted a tattoo, it seemed only plausible to me.

So I am going to go through this oain for it, and it will be beautiful and I'll smile eventually I know it. I like to show compassion, and this is my devotion to that part of my family, this is for you Grampa, your Jake's getting this for you.

So anyway, I hope that you're having a good start to your week, I know this post is late and I'll be writing another one later, I am three posts away from being exactly one third finished my blog, one third finished this year, and it feels incredible. I love this blog.

love,

Jess :]

No comments:

Post a Comment