Thursday, February 24, 2011

if you had wings I'd let you fly away

[fifty five]

if the tree were tall, I'd hug it
if the tree had bones, I'd tug it
if the tree gave air, I'd breath it
if the tree sang, I'd listen to it

if the gras was soft, I'd love it
if the grass hugged back, I'd try it
if the grass were tall, I'd cut it
if the grass whispered, I'd hear it

if the flower bent, I'd straighten it
if the flower lost its colour, I'd paint it
if the flower bloomed, I'd watch it
if the flower told a secret, I'd keep it

if you fell, I'd catch you
if you laughed, I'd make you
if you were strong, I'd fight you
if you told me anything at all, I'd remember

focus: repetition and motive: metaphor
(what is with my naturalism kick on poetry? TOO MUCH NATURE. Gonna try for something different tomorrow I suppose)

No comments:

Post a Comment