Saturday, February 26, 2011

after the beep. beeeep

[fifty seven]

you took my hand and we got lost
running throguh crowds of people
to find the modern-tiled bathrooms
with white porcelain sinks and the blue stalls
the farthest away from the light

over the bridge we flew like two birds on the same tune
two leaves on the same wind
two fish in the same wave
it was always you holding my hand when we got lost
but we never lost us

finding our way back the light was fading
and we laughed like the funniest jokes were told
and i squeezed your hand lightly to let you know
that I'd never let it go.
you protected me from the darkness and held me up in the light

our way back was easy and easier even to think where we could go from here
so i took your hand this time, and i got us lost
always get lost together
but we find our way, always

focus: my beautiful sister who has always been there for me, and the memories that we have and share

No comments:

Post a Comment